Wednesday, March 21, 2012

What's for Dinner?

So lately I've been extremely addicted to Pinterest, and I've got over 50 boards going, and over three thousand  pins...so I'm making myself actually try things I pin, especially recipes! I even started a board for that too! LOL

I decided to make a chickpea avocado salad with feta, tomatoes, red onion...and I added a lemon oregano oil and fresh lime juice. It's delish!


 I also made a grilled veggie wrap with brie cheese...YUM!
Just look at that gooey brie cheese!


I'm a month into my journey to a healthier lifestyle. I've changed alot of things in my diet, including no more meat. I do make an exception for shellfish, and have on 3 occasions during this first month, had chicken. I've been enjoying other protein rich foods including Quinoa, chickpeas, legumes, whole grains....and no longer drink dairy, unless it's a macchiato...but I'm limiting myself to 1 a week...maybe 2...LOL I'm in love with other forms of milk, Almond milk or coconut milk. Not really a fan of just drinking a glass, but it's delish with Kashi cereals, or poured over strawberries as a 'dessert'.  Cutting out sugars is hard, especially cause I'm a pastry chef by day....we have to test things, and work with temptations all day long! But I've been pretty good. I've noticed I crave something sweet after a meal, so I keep frozen fruit to munch on, instead of icecream, or have an apple with unsweetened/unsalted peanut butter, and if I want it a bit sweeter, add a little honey or agave nectar.  So after a month of just making small changes here and there, I've lost 15 lbs, without really trying too hard....now time to get a little stricter on myself and exercise!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails