Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Mermaid Prima Doll Tags


This was my first attempt at playing with Prima's Mixed Media Doll stamps by Julie Nutting. There are so many to choose from, but I thought the mermaid would be fun to play with. I created 2 different styles of tags, one bright and playful, the other with a vintage vibe.


For the vintage one, I started with a bit of stamping, then ripped a piece of Tim Holtz kraft glassine paper and crumpled/inked it. I used modeling paste with a chicken wire stencil over it and added some liquid pearls for bubbles. The mermaid consists of papers from Authentique. I added some tuile ribbon from SU finished off with a couple tassels from Prima. 


The fun bright tag had alot of layers on it. I started by ripping pieces of scraps from Bella Blvd. Molly line. Then glued them, added some stickers from the same line, then brushed on TH crackle paint. The gorgeous mermaid is so glittery! I added  tiny star glitter (MS) to the tail and some Dazzling Diamonds (SU) on her body, finished off with a flower in her hair and some enamel dots for bubbles. I really love these, and plan on putting the on a layout someday soon!


Love that glitter!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails