Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Faux Mosaic Tile Tutorial

Happy Holidays everyone!
Today I decided to do a non-Christmasy card and show a wonderful technique we learned at Stamp Club this month. I'll post the Stamp club projects tomorrow, but today I wanted to try it myself in a Vintage vibe card. I'm using the new Nature Walk stamp set from the upcoming Occasions Mini starting January 4! So here's a step by step of the Mosaic Tile technique:


Step 1: Use your left over rubber scraps after assembling a stamp set, and cut into little pieces.

Step 2: Adhere the pieces to a cheap clear block, making a mosaic pattern.


Step 3: Stamp your image (works best with black) then colour in with markers or...

or colour with Blender Pens and ink...here I used Soft Suede, Crumb Cake and Marina Mist

Step 4: Take your Mosaic Stamp and ink it up with Versa Mark, stamp over your image trying not to get a 'crack' over an important part of the image (for example the birds face here)

Step 5: Dust your image with Clear Embossing Powder, flick off excess.

Step 6: Heat Tool it til the powder melts...

Then you'll get this Mosaic look once melted...

Step 7: Take your Basic Black ink pad and put directly on the image completely coating all the cracks.

Step8: Wipe of excess black ink with papertowel

Once all the ink is wiped off the embossed parts you'll see the 'Mosaic tiles'

And there ya go!! So pretty!

Enjoy!



Thanks to Allison for teaching me this awesome technique! Check back tomorrow for our December Stamp Club projects!

5 comments:

  1. That is soooooooo cool!! Love the look!! And to think I just threw out backing from a stamp set!! Oops!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool Technique! I'll have to give this a try!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a very pretty card, and I like the technique. I'd never heard of it, so I'll for sure be trying it. Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job Morgan. I like it. Congratulation.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails