Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Button Tree Canvas


I've always wanted to make a button tree canvas of some sort, so I finally did it! I picked up a canvas from the dollar store, can I just say Dollar Tree is amazing!!  This is a 9x12 canvas, I covered with Bo Bunny Double dot cardstock. Then I painted a tree with black paint, and added Tim Holtz crackle paint on the trunk. I loved how that turned out,  it looks like a real trunk, all 'barky'.


Then I just glued away....tons of buttons, flowers, crocheted doilies and flowers until I was satisfied. I also drew some curly branches with a thin sharpie, then added some liquid pearls all over and sprinkling down from the tree. The 'grass' is a wide green crochet trim from Bo Bunny. I finished it off with some cute epoxy sayings. I love how bright and cheery this is, makes me want Spring to come even faster!!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails