Sunday, July 29, 2012

Some Foodie pics


Here's a few pics of some healthy options I've made this week...
This is my organic spinach salad, with quinoa, avocado, grape tomatoes, fresh corn from the cob, red onion and feta cheese.


The quinoa was actually leftovers from the night before. I had made a quinoa 'risotto'.


I cooked the quinoa with chicken stock, added red onion half way through, cooking til all the liquid is absorbed. With just a bit of liquid left, I added the fresh corn and peas, finished cooking. Then at the very end added the diced tomato and feta cheese.  It was such a great meal! Honestly if you haven't tried quinoa, do it! This will save the world from starvation one day....complete protein, gluten free, source of fibre, calcium, iron...the perfect food!

Here's my breakfast right now...


I got a free 2lb box of blueberries at the Superstore a few days ago, it's hard to eat that much! LOL  I'm having a couple handfuls with Kashi high protein cereal and coconut milk. I no longer drink dairy milk unless it's in a coffee...But I only buy coconut or almond milk now. Delish!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails